team-j.s.p.m Index du Forum
S’enregistrerRechercherFAQMembresGroupesConnexion
Illegal Immigrants: Reuniting Families - Not How But Why? D

Répondre au sujet    team-j.s.p.m Index du Forum » team-j.s.p.m » Présentation de la team Sujet précédent
Sujet suivant
Illegal Immigrants: Reuniting Families - Not How But Why? D
Auteur Message
sidneonory

Message Illegal Immigrants: Reuniting Families - Not How But Why? D Répondre en citant

Illegal Immigrants: Reuniting Families - Not How but Why?
by Ms. Gloria A. Swift

->->->->DOWNLOAD BOOK Illegal Immigrants: Reuniting Families - Not How but Why?

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and strong, because someday in life you will have been all of these." These words by George Washington Carver are food for thought today. Think of the present political climate. As an educator, it is very, very important that my students keep up with current affairs. We address the issues of the day and currently, it is illegal immigration. What do you say to your students who are here illegally, who live with parents who are here illegally? Some of these parents are working every day. Some of these parents work with their children to support what we teachers are doing. Carlos's family falls into both categories. They left their children back home and came to America for a better standard of living and eventually found a way to reunite the family. Carlos came to my class three years ago. He had no clue what a sentence was or how to read one. Two years later, he was reading at the fourth grade level and writing paragraphs that exceed the quality of those written by his peers in higher-level classes. Without support from his mother, he would not be as successful. His family moved to a different city during his senior year, and after a day observing his new classes, his mother brought him back. "Ms. Swift, they are not teaching the kids anything. I do not want my son to fall backward. I need him to continue to learn and graduate. Would you take him back?' "Gladly." There is no way a family like Carlos's should be deported. Young people will eventually vote. Are they prepared? Young people will eventually become politicians. Are they prepared? We will grow older and young people will take care of us, we hope. Are they prepared? Albert Einstein said it best, "Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." Remember the words of Lyndon B. Johnson, "At the desk where I sit, I have learned one great truth. The answer for all our national problems - the answer for all the problems of the world - comes to a single word. That word is 'education.'" A few days ago, Ivan, a former student came to see me. He graduated seven years ago. I taught him how to read in ninth grade and how to pass the California High School Exit Exam in 10th, which he passed. He said, "Ms. Swift, you prepared me for the real world. You said it would be hard. It is. You were the best teacher I ever had." Dad worked for years to give his children a better life, now Dad is lying low because he is an illegal immigrant. Since both parents are illegal and lying low, Ivan has taken over their roles, working to support the family and attending parent conferences. Think about the words of George Washington Carver, Albert Einstein, and Lyndon B. Johnson. Next, think about our political climate today. It's your move.

Illegal Immigrants: Reuniting Families - Not How but Why? Ms. Gloria A. Swift
Illegal Immigrants: Reuniting Families - Not How but Why? audiobook free

Tags: book online, direct link download german android price, purchase book, story pocket amazon download djvu, buy amazon bookstore download epub, download android, iBooks online how read via how to, ebook free download, pdf download full book, book cheap book, read store amazon sale mobile, download via torrent client

79c7fb41ad

Unlocking the Secrets to Success download epub mobi pdf fb2Somewhere on Mackinac (States of Love) download epub mobi pdf fb2Run for Your Life (Lorimer Sports Stories) download epub mobi pdf fb2My First Creativity on the Go - Fairies download epub mobi pdf fb2Sixty Years With the Bible: A Record of Experience (Classic Reprint) download epub mobi pdf fb2Get I.T.! How to Start a Career in the New Information Technology:How to Start as a Data Scientist download epub mobi pdf fb2Wedges in My Makerspace (Simple Machines in My Makerspace) download epub mobi pdf fb2Missing Max (Morgan James Kids) download epub mobi pdf fb2NIIF para las PYMES - Versión 2015: Módulo III (Spanish Edition) download epub mobi pdf fb2Oakwing: A Fairy's Tale download epub mobi pdf fb2

Mer 21 Juin - 04:15 (2017)
Publicité

Message Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Mer 21 Juin - 04:15 (2017)
Répondre au sujet    team-j.s.p.m Index du Forum » team-j.s.p.m » Présentation de la team Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: 

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation